Telehealth involves a one to one video conference consultation with your physiotherapist which includes:
2. Instruction and guidance on self treatment techniques
3. Specific exercise prescription and modification
4. Provision of a video based exercise program accessible by downloading the free smart phone app ‘PhysiApp’
5. Your ‘physiApp’ program will be specific to you
6. Created and updated by your physio in conjunction with your appointments
7. Exercises can be performed at home via the app
8. Email support provided between consultations or message your physio via physiApp
Private Health Insurance Funding for Telehealth Physio
Due to the coronavirus pandemic several private health insurance companies will begin to provide rebates for Telehealth Physio Consultations from the 14th of April 2020. This will continue until the 30th Sept 2020.
You will not require a GP or Specialist referral to undertake Telehealth Physio.
If you have seen your GP for an EPC medicare referral the telehealth consultation will be bulk billed.
Referrals are not required for private consultations held in the clinic.
Payments for telehealth can be made over the phone or online (at the time of making an appointment) and an email will be sent with your receipt for claiming through your health fund.
Please check with your individual health insurance provider to ensure they are amongst the funds providing health insurance coverage for Telehealth Physio during the pandemic.
See our online booking app for Telehealth consultation fees.
If you have an existing Medicare Plan from your GP you can use your remaining physio sessions for Telehealth.
If you have a chronic muscle or joint condition (expected to last six months or more) you may be eligible for a Medicare Plan covering up to five physiotherapy consultations in a calendar year. To find out if you are eligible, speak to your GP.
User friendly video conferencing technology
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us, send us an email or use our contact form.